Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Survey

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper! You have to be able to tear into the present, then crumple the paper up and throw it over the couch!

2. Real tree or artificial?
I love real trees. I think there's something magical about finding a great place to go pick out a tree every year. I love memories of the remote New England farm with a pond and Christmas trees that we went to a few times! But.. being on a tight budget and having a baby, we definitely have a $20 fake tree for the first few years anyway.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Usually right after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down?
I'm guessing after New Years, I don't know. It's our first Christmas on our own and I'm leaving 2 days after... so it's up to Ben!

5. Do you like eggnog?
NO WAY

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I don't know.. If I pick one, I know I'll just keep thinking about it and be like "No, it was this... No, it was that" on and on and on.

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Not yet

8. Hardest person to buy for?
My Dad. Ditto, Lisa. He's got everything already and now he can't eat chocolate or nuts... there's nothing to fall back on!

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Russel.. I decide what he wants right now!

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
There's no such thing as a bad Christmas gift. Someone took time and thought for you!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail them.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
It's a tie between National Lampoon's and Elf. National Lampoon's is definitely a classic, but Elf is hilarious too.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Usually right after Thanksgiving when I panic and realize Christmas is right around the corner.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No, but when I get my first fruit cake...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My mom's Swedish Creme Cookies... believe me, they deserve to be capitalized!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
White is classic but we have colored lights because I thought Russel would like them.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Too hard to pick!

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home?
Now that we're starting to have a little family, definitely stay home for Christmas morning at least.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
On Dasher and Dancer, Comet and Cupid, on yada yada and Rudolph, YES! no....

20. Angel on the treetop or a star?
I'm definitely a star person, but right now we have a sad, droopy red bow. lol

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
A lot of times I would get to open pajamas on Christmas Eve, but the rest was on Christmas. Now it's Ben's birthday presents ONLY on Christmas Eve!!!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The mall. I try to avoid it at all costs. Yay for the internet!

23. What I love most about Christmas?
Remembering the Savior, the music and being around family.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Kevin and I enjoyed reading your responses. We both agree that you are rad. :) How do you get music on your blog?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...