Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Didn't see THAT coming...

Sooo... we've been busy.

I have no pictures for this post, but I promise it is worth it to read on.

2 weeks ago we were getting ready to close on our first house. Like two days away from it. Then the phone rang.

2 weeks ago all plans for the immediate future became void.

The phone call was from the curriculum director at Ben's school district. He said,
"Unless you have your Connecticut state certification in hand by the beginning of school, we need to find someone else to fill your position"
WHAT?
Ben had already cleared this possibility with his boss who assured him it wouldn't be a problem.
All of a sudden it was a big problem for this "John" person.
"Wait a minute, let me see what I can work out. Maybe there's a way" says Ben.
To make a long story short, all of our ideas came up short and there was no way Ben could get a job in Connecticut or Rhode Island. All thanks to beaurocratic nonsense.
So, with one brief phone call we were left with no job, no house (obviously had to walk away from it)... nothing.
Our heads spun, but one thing was for sure:
We are so thankful the phone call came
2 days before the closing
Things could have been way worse.
Instead, Ben should be arriving in Utah with a truck full of our things at this moment. The boys, my parents and I are flying out on the 15th. We feel blessed to have secured another job right away, especially in times like these.
Utah here we come again!

11 comments:

taryn said...

You have such a positive attitude about things, I admire it! I'm sure it is hard to have to pick up and move at the drop of a hat with two kids. You are amazing! It is crazy what life can throw our way, but so good that you and Ben have each other and family to help get through it all!

So...maybe I will get to see you sometime in the near future!? Of course it will probably be a month or two since you'll be busy with getting unpacked and settled and I'll be getting settled with a new baby and school, but hopefully it will happen :)

Sarah said...

So sorry to hear about those stresses! I would have lost it! But I'm glad a solution came up so quickly, even though it means moving across the country, again. Where will you be? & whatever school Ben is at is sure lucky!

Lesley said...

Oh. My. Word.

I love your attitude about it because honestly, there MUST be a reason for it, because otherwise it really would be just nonsense. And the fact that you hadn't closed on the house says to me that there was another plan for you from the beginning.

It must have been insane for you guys for a few days there, but I bet a happy ending will reveal itself soon!

Congrats on the new job and new locale!

Amanda said...

Geez. Well, I believe you're right, nothing to do but be thankful. (And maybe a little frustrated at this 'John' person.) But hey, now I will get to see you and your kiddos! Do you guys have a place to stay yet?

Lisa said...

Oh my GOSH! I'm glad that you see the cup half-full, but that had to have been heart-breaking and awful. I'm glad that he found a job in Utah. Want somewhere to stay in Denver? Lemmeknow :)

Josh & Teddie said...

Man, what garbage huh? I'm really glad Ben could get the job in UT, but was really hoping you guys could stay here.....maybe next time...Hopefully we'll still seeyou whenever you come out to visit! I'm super impressed with how calm you were throughout this (at least when I talked to you!) Good luck!

Nancy said...

Wow! I'm so glad you found another job, though!

Scottie and Angie said...

Meg,
I am so sorry, that is such a frusterating situation! I am very impressed with your positive attitude and that you were able to see the good side of things. I know moving will be hard....But I am happy to hear Ben has another job. Plus I will get to see you now when I am in Utah.
Love ya lots and so sorry!
Angie

Natalie Bergin said...

Meg!! I'm so new to this blogger thing that I didn't even know you had commented on one of my posts.

What a bitter sweet thing...for both of us. James and I just moved TO Connecticut and now you are moving away. We have been here a few weeks and I was going to give you a call when we were all moved in :( Now I'm just totally jealous of the people in Utah getting to see you.

Oh and to respond to your post...yeah I'm married hahahaha. I sent an announcement to you but obviously it didn't get there...I probably wrong something wrong or I don't know. Wow this is too long.

Good luck with the move!

The Incurable Redhead said...

Oh my! That ALMOST happened to me a couple weeks ago! The HR Director called me and told me that I couldn't work because I didn't have my WA state certification in hand. However, at least they were willing to come up with a make-do situation until it came. My biggest problem was the timing of when we graduated...It's a stressful situation to say the least! What school district are you working for now?

Amy said...

Wow! Megan, I hope everything goes smoothly. The Lord really has a plan for us that we aren't always aware of. But I am so happy that you guys found a job and that everything is going to work out. I love you, and will be thinking about you as you make the big move today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...