We hit the road at 5:45 am and stop for lunch at Teslin Lake. Tucker ran everywhere he needed to go! The boys are holding up remarkably well. We have a dilemma though because it looks like we won't get to a hotel until midnight and Ben can't make it quite that long. I don't know how he's lasted this long, but I know he's nervous about me driving through the winding, hilly terrain. We are just hoping there's a hotel between here and Ft. Nelson that didn't show up on our GPS.
6:30 pm: Blew a tire on the trailer. I drove for an hour and half and managed to blow out a tire while I was driving! We are pretty spooked and just praying and praying that we make it to the next town alright, because right now, we are in the middle of nowhere. We are going to stop at the next rest area to switch the tires on the opposite side because the front tire is showing a lot of wear.
8:30 pm: We discover the tires are not rated for our load. We find a gas station that tells us Ft. Nelson (which is still 200 miles away) is the closest place in either direction to find replacement tires for the trailer. So off to Ft. Nelson we go and I pray we make it.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you were able to find a good motel to stop at for the night and get some good rest! Hope the next day was less eventful (ie no blown out tires)! You are super woman/man for driving across the country with 3 kids! We dreaded driving just 2 days with Olivia. Now I'm feeling like a pansy, ha!
Post a Comment