First of all, leaving that little town has been monumentally difficult. As we drove out of town, I alternated between having to take in every last moment and not even being able to look.
We have made some of the best friends I am sure we will ever have. They were like family to us. Many tears were shed! The feeling are so personal and fresh, I just can't go into it any more than that.
So, I will just move on to the travel log of our trip down the Al-Can!
This little dude is strapped in and all ready to go!
Tuesday: 700 Miles
We stayed the night at our good, good friends the Berry's house. We get up and fix the flat tire we got on Sunday, say goodbye and head for Anchorage. We stop to run some last minute errands and pull out of town at about 3:20. We drive and drive and see some really beautiful country.
We make it to the border at 1:30 am, get through customs without any problems or hassle and pull into Yukon Territory. It is the bumpiest highway I've ever been on. None of us can truly sleep because it's so bumpy. We drive until 3:45 am when we stop at the Kluane River rest stop because Ben's neck muscles can't take the bumps anymore! We rest for 2 hours before we all wake up and start again.
No comments:
Post a Comment