On Sleep Deprivation
All mothers know sleep deprivation, and they know it better than they ever wanted to. I just thought I would offer up some of my adventures.
1. Where's the Car? Ben, the kids and I all stayed the night at my parents house before Ben took the Praxis at Rhode Island College too early in the morning. So that meant both kids in bed with us from midnight on atop worry and anxiety about Ben waking up on time and passing the test. The result: sleeplessness. When I woke up I remember thinking, "Ok, Ben took the car with the kids carseats, so I can't go anywhere until he gets back." Fast forward 5 hours to my parents suggesting going out for breakfast when Ben returns. We wait and wait for Ben until we decide to just go and leave a note. I rush outside to switch Russel's carseat into my parent's car. I get to the driveway and look around thinking, "Where's the car? Did someone steal it? No seriously, where is it? Ohhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeahhhhh".
2. Brownie face. I look at my child and see a dark speck on his face. "What is that? Oh it must be a piece of the brownie he was eating earlier. Yup, that's it. La dee da, dum dee dum. NOPE, that's Tucker. He doesn't eat food, better wipe that off".
3. What's wrong with the shoes? "Russel let's go, go get your shoes". The good boy that he is gets the shoes and brings them to me, then watches as I put them on. "Whoa, what the heck is wrong with these shoes? They fell right off. Seriously, that's really weird. What's wrong with them?"
"Oh, maybe that I'm trying to put Russel's shoes on Tucker's 3 month old feet."
Anyone have stories to share? Tell me about it.
Seven Minutes
1 day ago
2 comments:
I'm sad to say that for whatever reason I had it - my mommy forgetful moment of today kind of scared me. My brother's family and Amy and I were at my parents' house today. We played outside for a long time. At one point, I went in the house and took a second to realize that Amy did not and that I hadn't seen in the backyard for a few seconds. I figured she had probably followed her 4-year-old cousin to the front. That's a problem because no adults were out front at the time. By the time my brother got to her - I think he was going outside anyway - she was almost to the street. And I had just forgotten the need I had to keep tabs on her. I don't like doing that, and I'm glad I don't too often. And I'm SO glad Amy was ok.
Hey Meg! It was so good to talk with you the other day. I can always relate and appreciate your motherhood monologues. You are an excellent mother. Don't ever let anyone allow you to think otherwise. You rock!! Ras : )
Post a Comment