They're exterminators by trade.
They specialize in spiders, ants and termites. The good thing is that they'll take of the whole house for us, so that's nice.
The other night while watching television, I saw something dart across the curtain. It was big, a big spider I thought. Ben heroically went to oust the intruder. "What is that?" he says.
Now Ben has a mind like a steel trap when it comes to creatures of all kinds, so I knew it had to be something good.
So here it is:

Yup, those are our new neighbors.
They are called household centipedes, I think.
They invite themselves upstairs far too often. I've already seen another one today. Though they are harmless and even helpful, they are CRAZY looking and scare me to death!
4 comments:
I would freak out if I saw that in my house!!! One of my greatest fears is that I'll find something like that in Topher's mouth one day...or in his diaper...
GROSS! Good thing Ben was there! Although I'm sure you could have handled it, I on the other hand would have tried to box it in somehow until Josh arrived home to kill it all the while Theo would have been trying to get it, he's fascinated with bugs!
Yuck! I must be a little slow today too, because the first time I read this I was thinking... well, it's a good thing you have an exterminator for a neighbor, maybe they can get rid of those centipedes. It wasn't until I read the, "Yup, those are our new neighbors," that I finally got it. Connecitcut does have some crazy bugs here!
I love Lona's comment. That is what I was thinking too, until I read that line. You can keep those neighbors over by you. I haven't ever even heard of those things. Scary, but I guess atleast they are harmless.
Post a Comment