Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Bishop's Counsel

Today during announcements at church the bishop addressed the long.... dun dun dun
FLU SEASON
ahead.

He counseled us to stay home if you have a fever and for 24 hours after it is gone--check.

He asked us to keep our kids out of nursery if they have a runny nose--check.

He requested we keep our children out of primary if they are coughing--check.

"No problem...", I thought "of course".

"I can do one better, he didn't say anything about this!" thought Russel.

Russel showed us all that the bishop forgot to mention abundantly spewing chocolate milk all over oneself and those around you. I give credit to the children-less couple sitting by us who just gave us a pitiful smile as they watched the horror of it all.

But we wanted to follow the advice given, which didn't say anything about throwing up, so off we sent Russel to nursery.

No, not really, we went home where Russel proceeded to vomit all over BOTH of our couches. The poor kid has thrown up 4 times today.

And he's totally at the age where you ask him, "Does your tummy hurt? Are you gonna throw up?" and he says, "No.....BLAHHHHGGH".

Wish me luck

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Is it bad that I laughed? Out loud? Because I did. I know that it was probably awful at the time, but you definitely put a positive (funny) spin on it. I hope the little guy feels better soon!!

Josh & Teddie said...

Ohhh poor Russell, but there is some humor in the fact that he did it as your bishop was talking about it! YOur FIL will be talking about that to us next week, hopefully Theo doesn't do that! Hope he feels better!

Scottie and Angie said...

I laughed too, but feel so sorry for Russel!!! It's hard when they are little and are sick! Hope he gets feeling better soon and hope it doesn't spread to Mom, Dad, or worse Tucker!
Take care
Angie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...