Friday, December 4, 2009

Gratitude and Angels

We were able to visit friends in Colorado Springs this Thanksgiving.
The Maynards are a wonderful family and
they showed us a lot about being strong and being thankful.

After we all ate Ben M. suggested we all talk about what we're thankful for this year other than God and our family because we could assume we're thankful for those things.
There were plenty of things that came to mind,
But it was funny because this year I have been especially thankful for God and my family.

Through trials Heavenly Father has taught me a lot about life.
He has taught me to be thankful for what we have by taking Ben's job and a house we were so close to and then blessing us with a new job and a wonderful place to live.

He has taught me to be thankful for the gospel in my life and how to truly live by its precepts through postpartum depression and
seeing what happens when the Spirit is absent in a family's home, and then seeing contrasting homes full of the Spirit.
Then filling myself and our home with the Spirit when I've needed Him and shown forth but a little effort.

He has taught me to be truly grateful for my parents and my husband's parents through blessing me with children of my own.

He has taught me the power of the scriptures.
The Book of Mormon and Bible are powerful tools in the home.
They have turned our family's life around 180 degrees
(and we weren't doing so bad before)
The insights, the love, the patience and the pure joy it brings can only come from a loving Heavenly Father who is just waiting to pour out His power and blessings upon us.

I have watched as my children have become happier, more contented and even better behaved since we began regular study. I am seeing more and more the angels that they are.

I am thankful for all the "angels" who have helped Heavenly Father teach me these things this past year. I have a lot of good examples!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Awww, that picture is precious. I feel ya, though. I have said so many desperate prayers in the last week, and I have been helped a TON. And, like you said, with little effort on my part I'm blessed so much.

Lesley said...

What a beautiful post, capped off with the most adorable sleeping boy picture.

I loved from your other post "to remind them of the angels that they are, in there, somewhere" ! :) Ahhh, so true.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...