Tuesday, May 10, 2011

What a week!

Last Saturday the emergency responders hosted a chili cook-off event.  It was a great free family day.
We tasted chili and unfortunately could've gotten tipsy if we kept tasting chili #3, ate free cookies and cornbread,
and most importantly got to explore firetrucks and ambulances!

 Tuesday took us to Hope and Anchorage.  Ben went to work for a couple of hours at the 16 student school in Hope.  In the meantime, we found some cool cut-outs and an off-season sandbox to kill time at because NOTHING was open yet... I'm not exaggerating.  Hope is a small town!



After Hope, we went up to Anchorage to take Russ to a pediatric opthalmologist.  He's had one eye that is turning in.  We discovered that he's pretty severely far-sighted and has some mild eye crossing.
All this means he will be getting glasses in two days!

 Thursday afternoon, we took off for Homer.  Ben had to work out there on Friday, so we all got to stay in a hotel Thursday night (no pool this time).  The boys and I went to the Alaska Islands and Oceans visitors center, climbed rocks, went for a walk and poked sticks into mud.  Then we picked up Daddy and had lunch by the beach.  Then I plopped my sleepy boys in the stroller and went for a short run.  Homer was beautiful! 


While on our Homer trip we spotted:
1 Moose
38 Eagles

38!

Then Saturday I did the mail-route (did I tell you I'm a substitute mail-lady?) and pink cheeks.
And lovely Sunday was Mother's Day.  I got a mini herb garden at church, then my family gave me a planter box to put them all in when I got home!  So awesome!

All the while, we've been watching this cutie-pie full time

Busy, busy, busy! Phew

3 comments:

the andersons said...

You are inspiring me to get out and explore more. Thanks.

Lisa said...

Wow, you seriously have been busy! Sounds like fun, though :)

The Hoen's said...

Traveling and exploring is my favorite part of my job. Does Ben enjoy it? I would assume he loves it! When your job is different everyday, it makes it exciting to go to work. I love being a school psych and sure hope Ben's enjoying the adventure. I have run into some of our cohort and they aren't enjoying it as much as they thought. I love it! Hope all is well with your little family in the big adventuresome Alaska.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...