Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pink Cheeks!

It's a triathalon!
I was able to take part in the 20th annual Polar Bear Pink Cheeks Triathalon on Saturday.
It was sooo fun.
I didn't do the whole thing, I was on a team.
No big deal, except for me it was a big deal because I SWAM.
I hadn't swam laps in 5 1/2 years before a month ago, so ya know...
but I did my 900 yds (half mile) in 22:41.
That's great to me, considering it's about half the time it took me when I first started "training"!
Still waiting to find out our team's results.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Josh & Teddie said...

wow! Yay for you! Hope you had a great mothers day!

Amy said...

ok, you are officially my hero. I am one of those that says I would do a triathalon as long as someone else did the swimming. I'm so impressed, you have no idea.

Seriously, we spent almost 5 years in RI, and I went into the ocean past my waste-once!! I have a bit of a fear. So people who can swim outside of a pool just amaze me.

Good job!

Lisa said...

You rock, sista! That is completely awesome!

maynardmoments said...

Woah momma! That is awesome. You totally rocked it! I admire anyone that can swim. Ben and I are planning to do a mini-triathalon, but I stink at swimming. I will trade running tips for swimming tips. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...