Today is one of those days when I feel like Alaska is telling all of us humans,
"You don't belong here!"
The wind here can really be incredible. The forecast today is predicting a high of 19 that will really feel like -8, with winds of 35 mph gusting to 72+ mph. It started last night. Poor Ben had to get up out of bed to remove some of our belongings from the porch, in the freezing cold, so they wouldn't blow away, or keep us up all night banging around. It was a valiant effort, but we were still basically up all night.
The wind just howled and howled and found things to bang around anyway, waking Tucker. Later on, it blew the power out, initiating the cries of our panic stricken Russel. (It's very dark in their room without any lights on!) So we all ended up together by about 2:00 am, squishing and poking, but also sharing our body heat as our soul source of heat relies on electricity and the wind sucked the heat right out of the house, and we laid for hours falling in and out of sleep while listening to the wind.
But it's all good, the power came back on and we were able to start the Toyo stove back up in the morning and we're all sitting snug as a bug, listening to the wind and waiting for the sun to rise to show us any damage there may be around town. Which reminds me... If it's this crazy at our house, I can't even imagine what its like in town. The wind is always infinitely worse over there!
Seven Minutes
1 day ago
1 comment:
Oh Cow I couldn't imagine not having power up there!!! Glad it came back on. I hope you are doing well, I am excited to see you soon!!!
Post a Comment