Easter Morning:
The bunny came! He brought baskets and hid treat filled eggs.
I'm glad they were all smiles. Russ came into our room exclaiming, "It's morning time!". Then asked if he could go downstairs and I groaned, "No, not yet". Then I heard little feet scurrying downstairs, whipped my nearly 8 months pregnant body out of bed as fast as I could and played out a typically mommy moment: "HEY! You boys get up here, I did NOT say you could go downstairs! You will NOT be ruining your Easter morning!" Lol, thankfully I somehow didn't ruin the mood.
But, I did let them eat too much candy, so church was melt-down central. My bad...
Easter Afternoon:
Painting eggs!
(It's a bowling ball egg)
(apparently this design is meant to look tough)
Easter Evening:
We roasted a chicken, then Daddy hid the eggs they painted for a second hunt.
I've come to really love Easter, because it means so much. I know that my Savior lives and I feel his love for me daily. I think Easter has meant a lot to me this year, because it has been a long, hard winter and I've gotten to that uncomfortable stage at the end of pregnancy. Remembering Christ and all He's done for us has renewed my hope and resolve and brought joy back into my heart. He is the light of the world and I can't help but remember that and think of Him every time I am thankful for all the light we have now that it is Spring.
Happy Easter!
No comments:
Post a Comment