Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's on my mind in this very moment.


We are so very busy.  We suddenly realized the urgency of our situation; that we needed to get things moving.  That we needed to sell things and get them out.  That we needed to dig our trailer out of 8 feet of snow.  That we needed to plan a yard sale.  That we needed to figure out where we are going.  That we needed to make final preparations for the new babe like washing the car seat and packing bags. 

And that we need to get as much done before the baby comes as possible.

We've kicked it into high gear and have gotten a lot done already.  Ben has begun excavating the trailer - by hand no less - and is doing all he can to get it movable.  We have sold all of our bigger extra gear items, like skis, roof racks, etc. and have now moved on to selling furniture and a car.

We have prayed a whole lot.  We ask everyday for strength and to be able to accomplish all that we need to.  And let me just say, our Heavenly Father hears our prayers.  He is there to help us when we need Him and seek Him out.  It has been amazing what we've been able to accomplish with His help.

But most important, are those crazies.  Russ and Tuck are constantly on my mind.  I know they need as much love as we can give them right now.  So they will have love to share with their new brother.  So they will have all the security to remain content and confident through all the changes coming.

And that is where the real miracle lies.  Heavenly Father has expanded my capacity as a mother to meet the demands life has for me.  I am in no way a perfect, wonderful mother.  Motherhood is hard.  Motherhood under stress is extremely hard.  I am exhausted and the house is a mess, and the boys do watch their fair share of TV right now (maybe more).  But the Spirit has shown me all the little opportunities to love those little boys and to give them what they need so they remain happy while I need to get things done.  I have been helped to be able to see when they need a little extra tenderness or reassurance.  I have noticed more of their tender spirits and how glorious they are.  

And I hope it is enough, that I can be enough for them.  I know I can only be enough with the Spirit by my side, and that is what I will try for.  Because they are so very glorious and silly and tender.  Because they need to feel the love of their Heavenly Father for them.  And I am convinced that is what mothers are for.




2 comments:

maynardmoments said...

You have a lot going on! Sounds like you are doing your best though...and that is good enough. Go easy on yourself. Good luck with the baby coming! Thinking of you.

Lara said...

I so wish I could be there to help you. Alaska has helped make you such a strong woman, physically, mentally, and spiritually! You are my hero!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...