Here is a glimpse of the living room. I love all the windows.
Our TV area complete with kids movie:
The boys' room complete with sleeping child:
... and sleeping dog:
The lovely laundry area at the back of the house:
Our bathroom. Now I usually don't include bathroom pics, but I can't believe the size of this bathroom. We have a tiny house with a huge bathroom: (you can't even really tell from this picture, oh well)
A view of the kitchen looking towards the living room. On the left behind the fridge is the boys room:
Our kitchen windows with our kitchen table... yes it is a giant freezer and yes we use it for our table. A freezer is a must for living on a budget in Seward, AK and what else is one to do in a tiny house than eat upon the giant appliance in your kitchen. Hey, it helps heat the house too!
The kitchen. Notice the upper cabinets falling off the wall. Did that stop us from putting stuff in them? No! Ben has reinforced them since. They don't look a whole lot better, but the cabinet door stays closed and we have peace of mind. Also, the strange looking white borders around the cabinets is covering BRIGHT purple, which I hear also covered the walls and ceiling. WOW.
I apologize if the state of my home is a little too realistic for comfort. I just decided the other day, and I stress the word decided, that a lived in home is beautiful. Otherwise I would go crazy
and spend zero time with my kids. So I tell you all, the pillows, papers, blankets and toys strewn about my home are pure beauty... appreciate it! (Notice the missing pictures of my bedroom... it's just toooo beautiful)
8 comments:
Thanks for sharing pictures of your home! I love the red couches:)
I agree, a lived in home is beautiful!!! It shows that there are 2 cute boys who know how to have fun and a cute mom that gives them lots of love and attention. I bet you will have fun painting when the time comes. I'm jealous that you get to paint your walls. That has always been my dream, but I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.
I admire you for being brave to show pictures of your house. And it's not even messy!!! I wish I was more brave.... :)
I love your house! And I think you're so smart to realize now that a lived in house means a loved in house. My house is full of love(mess) on a daily basis.
And what a great idea to have your freezer double as your table. Super smart.
That's awesome that your freezer is your table. Genius, seriously. And I love your place! And thanks for letting it look lived in--you'd just make the rest of us depressed otherwise :)
Having recently gone back to work, my house is REALLY full of love too! Two boys make quick work of it don't they? I love your little home though, so cute, and Clark is quite jealous of the setting ( I can barely handle Utah winter, good luck!) Looks like you're all doing well, hope Ben is enjoying the job, say hi for us!
I love the beautiful home and if you could see mine you'd see some more true beauty! Little ones are a gazillion times more important! Keep posting, I love looking at the pics!
yes, a lived in home is the best! don't you ever stress it. as long as it's not infested with dangerous bugs or something, it's good enough. :) cute new place!
Post a Comment