Did you know that we love this beach? Once again, the wild dragons of driftwood were tamed and ridden.
We all ventured out on our first family bike ride ever. The boys absolutely loved feeling the wind in their hair until it got too cold, so the cover came down. It was so fun and I almost crashed trying to take this picture. The things I do in the name of the blog. But as we rode out along the ocean Ben and I couldn't help smiling and yelling to each other about how "this is the life!".
On Saturday there was a Native Youth Olympics invitational held at Seward High. We went and cheered on our little friend Kamryn as she tried to kick a suspended ball with one foot, tried to pull a stick two handed from another girl (Joseph Smith style if you know what I'm talking about) and tried to wrench this greased up stick from the other's hand. It was really fun to see some things the northern natives found to occupy themselves during long dark winters.
Have I introduced you all the the Alaska Sealife Center? It has been one of our favorite places. The only aquarium in all of Alaska is 3 blocks down the street. Its been a shining light through our cold and dark winter. Today was pretty chilly, so we took another trip down.
Watch out for that sea-spray! One of my new favs:
The harbor seals and stellar sea lions always steal the show. They love the children. And if you bring a ball to let the kids play with, they will stop and try to catch it. They follow the ball and stare at you with their clementine sized eyes. It's incredible.-------------------------------------------------
In other news:
I was recently selected as one of 20 out of 350 female applicants for
MMR.
Check it out, I'm excited and a little terrified.
At least its right out my back door.
But I guess that means I'll have no excuse to get plenty of practice!
2 comments:
That MMR thing looks sooo cool! That is super awesome you are doing it. I can't wait to hear how it goes. What are you doing to train for it? I'd be interested to hear about your training schedule. I have a lot more hill in my runs for the Ragnar this year, and any hill running ideas would be great!
Look at you, lady! I am way impressed with you and your MMR self. And I just love coming to your blog because you have incredible scenery in the background of "ordinary" pictures. So cool!
Post a Comment