I decided to do a countdown to Easter this year because Russel just seemed so excited (for the treats) so I knew I needed a way for him to see when it was coming and to help us remember Jesus during all of it.
So we made this Easter egg countdown.
Each egg had a story about Jesus' life during the week leading up to His Resurrection,
and an activity for us to do together that day.
They included things like:
One day I told Russ the story of Jesus washing the apostles' feet.
I washed his feet and then since they weren't dirty to begin with,
we made some dirt of our own.
Another day we talked about the Atonement,
then painted watercolors for people we love.
Then on Saturday we talked about how Jesus died and was resurrected as we dyed eggs in the morning. Then we had a town Easter egg hunt that afternoon.
Sunday morning the Easter bunny left empty baskets (except for cute crayon cozies a friend made) for the boys to fill with found eggs. They were so excited. Russel was sooo sweet. He woke up and 6 and we made him climb in bed with us and lay down until Tuck woke up at 6:40. He laid there so patiently only once in a while whispering, "Mama, I think the Easter bunny wants me to find the eggs now".
After church we were invited to go see some chicken and quail chicks that had hatched at the Branch Presidents house. Then we took off to our friends the Berry's for Easter dinner. It was a wonderful Easter season!
2 comments:
You are so stinking cute! I love that you talked about Jesus' last week--it seems like the real meaning of Easter gets so lost nowadays.
I love the countdown idea! I wish we would have done something to focus more on the real meaning of Easter.
Post a Comment