One day we were out running errands. I decided to drive by the ocean a little bit and discovered this lone figure in the fog.
While I was looking at him, the boys were looking like this:
We pulled up to the drive-thru window at the bank and the teller didn't even say hello, she just said "That is too stinkin' cute!"
Then the Sunday before last was one of those Sunday mornings and as I huffed and puffed about being sooo late, we saw this beauty right at the end of our alley. Now I think of her as my guardian-cheer-me-up-moose-angel. She is the same specimen featured earlier in this post.
Now this young lady gave me quite a scare earlier in the week. I was doing dishes in the kitchen when I turned around and my heart skipped a beat. There she was 10 feet in front of me and she was HUGE. Of course our windows were between us, but have you ever stood 10 feet away from a full grown, healthy moose? I didn't think so... You would verge on a heart attack too. But then my heart beamed! The boys and I watched as she waltzed right through our yard, across the street and onward to scare and brighten others I'm sure. I was just glad Aly wasn't outside as all the dogs in the neighborhood went crazy. This is some town I tell ya.
3 comments:
I've seen a full grown moose from across a little river. And that was close enought for me! How cool that you live there!
And thanks for your nice comment. The picture is after the gal at the salon styled it, so I've put my own spin on it, but I am still kind of in shock that I did it!
Oh my gosh, that would totally freak me out if I suddenly saw a moose out the window. Did you scream? I would've screamed.
And your boys seriously are adorable. :)
Moose are huge. I hiked through a little herd of moose once (I know they're usually solitary but not this time) and it was probably one of the scariest things I've done in my life. They're HUGE!
Post a Comment