Look at those brothers! Enjoying some pbs kids on the computer together.
We are still doing well! I'm starting to get a little more cranky in general, but hey... who wouldn't when it feels like your bod's about to split in half all the time, right?
Ben got the trailer out of the snow and ice. It's amazing. Some friends came and helped us move a few of our larger items out to the trailer and it really feels like we're making progress now!
My parents get into town Wednesday, so I'm actually hoping this baby stays in a little longer. I've been 1cm dilated for over a week now, so the doc asked me to plan on staying in town after our appointment next week. You see, we have to travel 2 hours to get to a hospital that delivers babies! So we're planning on staying with some friends from church that live over there. The only thing is that my next appointment was scheduled for Wednesday morning, before my parents got in. AND Russel's pre-school graduation is the next day... So I called and moved my appointment to Friday, lol.
Let's just hope this kid can wait!
Another exciting thing about having a baby in Alaska is that during all of this, when I could go into labor at any moment, there are nightly road closures along the way to the hospital due to bridge construction. And there's no such thing as a detour in Seward, Alaska. There's only one road outta here! I called the police department and they said to just call them before we left if we needed to get through, so it's really no big deal.
And Ben's had some serious sore muscles for the past month because of all his shoveling and moving stuff. So once in a while, he'll just lay there and let the kids beat it out of him. Really, the kids are just gradually taking over as Ben and I both slowly become zombies. But look at those guys! They love fighting zombies, so it's all good!
2 comments:
Good Luck Meg!!! Reading this made me nervous for you, but I'm sure everything will be fine, even if you have to get a police escort to the hospital! I was 4 cm dilated for like 3 weeks at the end with Bobby, and he was still induced on his due date. I'm thinking of you babe, hope all goes well.
Good luck with everything! Trying to time everything with a baby coming can get pretty nuts. I am anxiously awaiting the baby news!
Post a Comment