Monday, April 20, 2009

Motherhood Monologues

In the background plays...

"Then we put it in our notebook 'cuz they're who's clues? Blue's clues...."

"I wonder whatever happened to him"

"He's so much better than that guy"

Suddenly, the computer in my lap, I am looking at Wikipedia - the page about Blue's Clues.

"Ah, I see... Steve went on to pursue a music career? (good luck with that)... and this dorky Joe guy was the best they could do? Hold auditions again, I could do better. Then I could make some money too."

I read that many mothers had expressed their love, appreciation, even fanaticism about Steve online and over the phone.

"Haha!... Who would actually get on the computer and....

OH. MY. GOSH.

You would and you are.

You are one step away from writing a comment about how much more you love Steve than Joe. What are you doing? Do you really let your child watch that much TV? Have you really wasted that much time watching it as well? Do you have a meaningful life?!?!

Breath, breath

Oh man, ha... so pathetic, haha... ha"

Ben arrives home and we begin preparing dinner.

"I was reading online today that Steve from Blue's Clues left the show to pursue a music career"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, and he used to have long hair and an earing, can you even picture that? Haha, yeah but isn't he so much better than.... whoa, whoa don't say that. Ben doesn't care about any of that, so restrain yourself woman!.. maybe you can join a Steve's Fans forum online instead...

AHHH!"

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I'm almost weeping with tears. That was hilarious!

Living out here, we don't get new TV shows so I've never seen that new guy but I can already tell that he isn't as good as Steve. :)

Amy said...

It's so funny cuz it's true! I had to work really hard to restrain myself to not google steve after I read your post. I was like "do I really care?" and I thought "yeah, I do care, but Megan already got the information, I don't need to look it up too"

Sad really, but I agree with you about Joe. He's boring.

Loved this post!

Lisa said...

Hahahahaha, I absolutely love it. Steve IS waaaaay better. Good luck with that music career, buddy. You're gonna need it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...