The last few days have been interesting around here. Let's start with last weekend.
Our landlord's decided to drop by short notice to check on the house and our painting. So Ben and I stayed up late tearing the house apart to paint, then putting it all back together to look presentable by the next morning. That was interesting...
After they left I decided to make some potato salad for a branch pot-luck that night. It took me 5 hours to finish that task. That was very interesting...
Like I said, we're ditching the bink. Combine that with a toddler approaching the terrible two's more swiftly each day and you get a guy full to the brim with general rascalliness. Oh, and did I mention he's really taken to hitting lately too? He's interesting...
And Russ... he must be sensing the confusion in Tucker's little two year old mind because I think he's come down with a case of sympathy terrible two-itis. Interesting...
We all tried to sit down and watch a movie the other night and it turned into two hours of climbing on Mom, touching Mom, throwing balls at Mom's face and banging on Mom's head with heavy, hard plastic toys. Have you ever seen the movie Date Night where she talks about her fantasy of being alone in a hotel room, where it's quiet and no one is touching her and she can just sit there and drink her diet Sprite? I think I almost cried. Very interesting...
So you can all probaby tell that this led to me, two days ago, crying out "I am sick of EVERYTHING!", and stomping off to my bedroom to have a good cry and feel thoroughly bad for myself. I'm sure Ben thought that was interesting...
Sigh
But it turns out that's just what I needed, because the next day I was strong and ready to go! I caught up on all the chores I was too sick of before, made a schedule to hopefully help our struggling little family and have stuck to it for two whole days. I even took the boys on an outing to the SeaLife Center today. So things are a little more interesting now in the good way. YAY
Now for some interesting pictures:
This is a typical Russel face these days. He crosses his eyes ALL the time (no really, it's becoming a problem). I try to tell him his face will get stuck that way, but he probably just thinks that would be awesome.
This picture is just classic.
That is a wooden block garland around Russ' head-obviously envyable. He's making a funny face and the little brother is stealing the sweet block halo whilst Russ is distracted...with his tongue sticking out. Brothers through and through!
5 comments:
I have decided that when I feel like crying, I'm just going to do it. Because as I get older I cry less, so if I hold it in, then things just get volcanic around here. Meaning, I may blow at any time. So I cry now when I need to, and in general I feel so much better. You are so smart to figure this out now.
Man, what a rough few days. I'm glad things are starting to look up. And I agree--a good cry is just needed sometimes. Accompanied by sweets :)
Hang in there! I am so impressed with everything you do!
Oh Meg, I miss you! Can I say that I hope you understand that all I could do was laugh. Because I totally understand the whole, I AM DONE thing. I have had a few recently as well. They sure are lucky that we spent so much time 'making' and birthing them huh? Otherwise I might not be so invested....j/k, most of the time anyway. PS Tucker is really 2 already???
I agree...sometimes a good cry makes everything better.
Post a Comment