As we head into winter and our days are becoming shorter here up north, I thought it would be fun to let you all in on our sunrise and sunset times every so often. So here it goes:
Sunrise: 8:58 am
Sunset: 6:27 pm
Hours of sunlight: 9.5
So, the days still feel pretty normal, it just takes longer than we're used to for the sleepy sun to wake up. But you know what? I kinda like it. My kids are sleeping a little bit longer most days, which is good for everyone!
But poor Russel is a little confused. It will be 8 in the morning and he says, "Is it still really really late?" I try to explain that the sun does funny things at our new home in Alaska and that the clock decides when we go to bed etc., not the sun. I thought that was a pretty good one, but only when Russel understands some concept of time and the clock telling us what time it is... which he doesn't yet. Oh well!
Seven Minutes
1 day ago
2 comments:
Wow...that's so crazy! You'll have to let us know how your are faring when the sun doesn't come up at all!
Man, I can't even imagine. Especially when it gets worse! My aunt lives in Sweden, so I've heard about it a bit from her. Good luck, but yay for more sleep!
Post a Comment