Saturday, February 19, 2011

So thanks for all the advice...Medeival Times style?

My friends, you came forth with such wonderful ideas!  However, none of them possible, nor even conceivable in our 850 sq. ft. house.  There is but little room to walk in my bedroom and I should not like to be woken from sleep-walking by the pained screams of a trodden 3 year old lad.  And I cannot seperate the little children whilst dealing with one's problems because, simply there be no other room of the bed.  And so alas, my dreaded fear hath come forth from haunting my very dreams to say, "Haha! There is no escape but time itself my dear".   This I knew all along and is the very bane of parenthood.  And yet, me thinks it be just another refining fire, so I shall welcome it as best I can.  And so as we suffer together let us hope that we shall all get sleep someday, ever after!  But I shall keep your advice locked in the catacombs of my memory for a day when my castle expandeth.  Thank you friends!

I'm weird.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

That is the best advice, ever.

If, by the time he's 15 and is still sleeping in your bed I will call for an intervention on your behalf. :)

taryn said...

You are so creative! I could never have written a whole post, let alone a whole sentence like that.

Megan said...

Ummm, no just grew up with a renaissance fair type brother, so it comes natural. lol

Nancy said...

Just thought I'd tell you...

We made a magnet board like you made for Russel and it's been working wonders. We tried bribing Rachel to stay in her bed, offering her one magnet. It didn't work. So a couple of nights ago Andrew told her that if she stayed in bed all night she could earn THREE magnets.

She stayed in bed.

She screamed out for me a couple of times, but all I had to do was retuck her in, turn on some quiet songs, check for monsters, and close the door so her nightlight couldn't seep out of her room/the monsters in the hallway couldn't get into her room.

It was golden.

Last night was much the same. This morning she was so excited to move three magnets up for one "good thing." And, frankly, three magnets is a small price to pay for a little extra sleep. :)

I don't know if that will work for your night problems but it's worth a shot. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...