So y'all know about how Russel got new glasses recently, well those were partly because he is extremely far-sighted and partly because he had some eye-crossing. Well, the glasses didn't take care of the crossing completely, so we moved on to try patching his strong eye for 2 hours a day.
That didn't cut it either, so on July 28th my little guy had to have surgery...
On his eyes
I was slightly fuh-reaking out.
But Russ was pretty calm about it all. He was very brave and big!
Except for putting on his hospital gown. Oh, he wanted nothing to do with that.
But the anesthesiologist gives little kids a vicadin like drug to calm them before they get wheeled away.
At least that's what happens to 90% of kids.
The other 10%...
ACT CRAZY.
HA! It was sooooooooooooo funny.
I felt bad for others in pre-op who were actually feeling uneasy, because we were laughing our guts out.
Ben had to hold on to him so he didn't fall off the chair.
It all really helped to ease some nerves.
Everything went smoothly thanks to lots of help from my parents. And Russ came through it all beautifully (as hard as it was to see him come out of the anesthesia, he was very upset). That day was rough and we had to be at a hotel on top of it, the poor kid.
But by the next day he was fine as long as he had his medicine and was totally back to normal two days later. It was amazing how fast he recovered!
And just the other day I was giving him a bath and his glasses were off.
I noticed how beautiful and healthy and straight his eyes were,
so I told him and we celebrated together.
(Perhaps with a little voluntary eye-crossing)
No comments:
Post a Comment