Friday, October 14, 2011

All the Little Things

The leaders of my church have been reminding us, especially the women, to take joy in all the little things.  They have shared inspiring messages about enjoying the simple things, like this one here

"The happiest people I know are not those who find their golden ticket; they are those who, while in pursuit of worthy goals, discover and treasure the beauty and sweetness of the everyday moments. They are the ones who, thread by daily thread, weave a tapestry of gratitude and wonder throughout their lives. These are they who are truly happy."
- Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I used to be pretty good at this.  It was easy for me, as a solitary being to go slow and stop and notice things that were beautiful and meaningful.  I think now, it's time for me to practice doing it as a mother.
So here are some of the little things that make me happy, right now:

Candles!
When we have one of our many power outages during the dark winters up here in the last frontier, the glow and scent of a good candle lifts everyones spirits.


Sleepy Babes.
The sweetness on a sleeping child's face is enough to keep me going sometimes.

My hilarious sister holdin it down in the RV.
Story time:
We were preparing lunch one day on our insane RV trip and Lara was all, "Where's the tanned cuna?"
As we laughed about that, she declared, "I can't even talk I'm too tiyah (trans: tired)".
Lol, I love how that girl can laugh at life and herself


Next:
I love our neighborhood dog, Lucy.  She is a black lab kinda like this one:
She lifts my heart everyday as she races our big red truck down the street.  She doesn't race the pathfinder, only the big, loud truck.  She seriously runs as fast as she can (and has the muscles to prove it).  Every time she is out our family squeals out in delight, "THERE'S LUCY!" and we cheer her on in the race.

And lastly... well this one isn't so little I guess,
But right now, the thing that's making me happy is:

The little bean a bakin'!
Coming our way early May! YAY!

10 comments:

Kate said...

way to find joy in the little things! Kind of pathetic that it takes so much effort, isn't it?? I'm so grateful for the constant reminders... I need them!

AND congratulations!! That's great! I hope you are feeling great!

Lesley said...

A little bean a bakin'! I love it! Congratulations.

I hope you are feeling well and aren't too tiyah. :)

Josh & Teddie said...

Can't wait to meet the little bean! Hope you guys make it back here sometime!

taryn said...

Congrats!!! I am SO happy for you guys! I wondered if this is what it meant when you said you weren't feeling well a few posts down :) I hope you are feeling well now!

hilary w said...

Congratulations!

Matt Parks said...

Congratulations!!! Just think, you'll have your very own built-in heater through the long cold winter!

Nancy said...

Ah! Congratulations! That's so exciting!

Jenny said...

Oh Meg I miss you like crazy... I love reading your posts when a get the chance. I can totally relate with needing to slow down and appreciate the little things... especially in the constantly moving role of a mother. Love your insights and honesty.

COULDN'T BE MORE THRILLED ABOUT THE NEWS OF YOUR LITTLE ONE ON THE WAY!!! Congrats! Love ya.

the andersons said...

yay for a little bean! congrats!

Amy said...

Ok, I LOVE that there is a little bean baking, congrats!!!! I LOVE Lara, and I LOVE you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...