Sunday, October 9, 2011

Brrrrr! (And return of sunrise/sunset)... (and some thoughts on it all)


Ok first of all, aren't snowflakes beautiful?

Our yard finally just thawed out today!  It was so cold, I had to hop online to check the forecast.
According to accuweather, we are in for periods of snow and rain tonight!  Oh my...
It just seems so very early to be hearing of snow already.

And while I'm on the subject, we are down to 10.8 hours of sunlight.
Sunrise 8:22 am
Sunset 7:09 pm

I was telling Ben that I had to laugh at myself a few weeks ago when I went to bed at 9:30 and thought "Awwwwwwwwww, it's already dark?!"

After having gone through the light/dark cycle one complete round, here is what I feel:

This place is constantly changing.  For anyone who really knows me, you know that means it can be hard on me.  I know the light is constantly changing all around the world, but not by 5 minutes per day.  That's 35 minutes a week! I don't really feel like I ever get to just stop and enjoy a certain season.  In the summer, you feel almost pressured to be outside as much as you can, no matter how stinking exhausted you are, because you know pretty soon you're headed into the darkness again.  Then just when you get over the depression and find your groove with the whole darkness thing, the light returns and it's glorious, but then the pressure begins...  And add kids to the whole equation??  You never have a set sleep schedule, they never get used to it.  And you end up with fears of the dark in the fall and a vampire child in the spring who screams and shrinks away from, "thee liiiight, nooooo, I hate the sun!".  I don't know, I definitely don't want to sound like I'm complaining, I just like to be real, and this is what it's like sometimes.

So....

Once we move on from this Alaskan adventure, I'll be glad for a home that is a little more stable I guess!

AND
I hope you are enjoying the 80 degree sunshine in Florida, parents!  Love you

1 comment:

LaLee said...

Makes me exhausted just reading the post!! It's a good thing you're young!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...