Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Make that "Mice"

We finally found some mousetraps yesterday (we tried two different Wal-marts and neither had traps of any kind) and set them up when we got home. So that means they were up by about 8:45 or 9pm.

Fast forward a short hour to bed time. I'm in bed and notice that Ben is going out the side door to the deck for some reason. When he comes in the room I ask him what he's doing because we hadn't grilled anything that day (the only reason I could think of for him to go out there).

"Throwing out the dead mouse we trapped" he says. "What?" I exclaim.

Yes, that is how bad our infestation is, apparently! I guess they're pretty smart. They seem to have "mousy sense" for when we're getting ready for bed. But not smart enough, HAHA!

And not only that, but during one of our many half-woken stirrings during the night, we heard yet another trap go off.

eeeeEEEWWwww... I can't think about it too much. Especially Ben describing how the first one got trapped on its shoulder and thus was still trying to run away when he opened the drawer. Oh man. (I apologize for my morbid side revealing itself in these mouse posts. Also, the little guy thankfully died pretty quickly. Poor thing.)

Anyway, I want to say,

"Thank you Mom Caswell for leaving water in the sink! Otherwise there would still be 3 blind mice perusing through our utensils!"

So that means to all of you out there teasing her for leaving the sink full:

You should be begging at her feet to help you with pest control in your house! Right? :)

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Yeah for getting rid of them!!

Eric and Laura said...

We've only had rats in the garage (thankfully nothing in the house) and Eric is the pro at catching them. He just tells me it's taken care of and skips boring me with the dramatic details of a rodent's demise.

Amanda said...

Yeah, he keeps the glasses on. Mostly because he can't move his arms. :)

Waterspout said...

Sounds good Caswell's Pest Control, maybe Caswell's Exterminators with a solgan, "If you got 'em will Get rid or 'em"

Might be a good second or third income.

The Old Man

Anonymous said...

I hope there aren't any more Meg! We had a spider problem when we first moved to our place, I'm not sure which is worse! (probably mice...ick). And Yay for motherhood, I am loving it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...