Saturday, January 29, 2011

Flight of the Flighty



I've always been a little bit on the flighty side. As in my thoughts, focus and direction can be fleeting. As in all sense of logical order and general get-the-job-done-ness can migrate away from me for a season. I'm even known to leave the key words out of my _______. So most days end up going something like this:
Wake up and wander into the kitchen to get morning essentials like milk or cereal or chips and salsa. Notice the dirty dishes in the sink, so I start emptying the dishwasher until I hear, "Mama you forgot my chawkwet milk". Get the milk, and realize we need more from the freezer.
That means the freezer needs to be cleared off. While doing so I find the credit card bill from yesterday that I didn't pay because I was distracted by something at the time, so I decide I need to pay it now before I forget again. When that's done, I see the open dishwasher and go back to emptying and dish-washing.
When I'm painfully hungry I realize I haven't eaten anything yet and grab a grapefruit from the back-room. As I walk back into the main house someone needs to go potty or smells funky or has sticky hands, etc. so I help them. I wander back to the kitchen because that's where I came from and see the dog standing there begging me with her eyes to go out. I come back in, remember I'm hungry and get a yogurt out of the fridge. I look at the clock and realize story-hour is in one hour and resolve to shower after the yogurt.
When the yogurt is half gone I remember the grapefruit! Grapefruit, how could I have forgotten you? You're just so tart and juicy and big. Speaking of big, I saw this the other day:

Can you see the big moose? It was like 40 feet in front of me eating someone's young, decorative tree. The people inside the house were just doing their dishes and going on with life like nothing awesome was standing right outside their window... Umm, where was I?
Hey look at that crazy-hair!

4 comments:

taryn said...

Haha, swap chips and salsa for cookie and you have me. Also, that moose is huge!

Josh & Teddie said...

HAHAHAHA! I do the same thing, except I rarely go back and finish anything! LOL, maybe its just b/c we have little kids...then again maybe not, ps that moose is awesome!

Jenny said...

Love that post. Hilarious! So true of every mom with young kids...well atleast me and a few I've talked to. Crazy moose, too!

Lisa said...

Hahahaha, I love this post :) That's a perfect description of life as a mom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...