Thursday, January 27, 2011

Positive Update

Things are going well so far with our little system.

Russ got his first reward this morning. He chose the classic movie and popcorn... for breakfast. But hey, he earned it!


A few bumps in the road:
1.
Almost every time he moves a magnet skyward, he turns and asks, "Can I have some chocolate milk, pllllleeeaase" and whips out a devilish little grin. I fell for it at first, got the milk, and Russ says he was just kidding, he didn't want it. Gasp! The clever little fox. So now it goes like this, {Insert sigh} "You can't ask for something nicely just to get a magnet, you have to actually want it".



2. I caught him trying to sneak a magnet up without doing a charming little deed to earn it. Double gasp! "No cheating" I tell him and I wonder if he even knows what that means, so I add "it's not good to be sneaky to be naughty". He had to move a magnet he had earned back down. I hope he doesn't try that one again







Overall I'm one proud and happy Megan-Mama.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love this idea Meg, as soon as Clarkie is old enough to understand it, we are giving it a try. Glad it's working out for you (mostly) :) Russ is a smart kid, of course he's going to work the system!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...