Thursday, January 20, 2011

Florida Part 1

Yes, we did actually go on our rumored trip to Florida. And yes, I actually have proof. I haven't been avoiding you all because I was bluffing. Just recovering from post-Florida blues.
You would have them too, I'm pretty sure.
One of the first things we did was go to Blue Springs State Park (a.k.a. Never Never Land)
It was the most beautiful place to lay my eyes on at the time. The sun filtered through the palms and Spanish moss to the crystally waters where manatee floated by aimlessly.

The park consisted of boardwalks lining the manatee laden river
and an old plantation house from my dreams.

Did I mention the Spanish moss?

Now, I know my home Alaska is like to-die-for beautiful, but so was this place. Especially coming from Alaska to this in December. I mean, come on.

And it was oh so good to be with my parents and my boys!
(Hey Dad, your eyes are closed, can you even read this? It's so tiny)


Do I look happy or what? And check out the short-sleeves. I'd been used to wearing about 12 layers. Goose-bumps or no, I was determined.

Oh, and Tucker's crazy.

4 comments:

Josh & Teddie said...

These pics are gorgeous! I love the manatee one, aren't they amazing animals??? I don't blame you from having some trouble recovering being back in Alaska! Hope your having fun though and its not too too cold!

Amy said...

I love Florida! I'm sitting here in the rainy Washington wishing I was anywhere else.

But Florida would be especially nice. Great photos, and you look awesome!

maynardmoments said...

Oh wow, bring us along next time will ya! Glad you had a great trip!

Scottie and Angie said...

Hey for Florida pictures!!!! Looks like you had a total blast and what a change from Alaska weather too:) Scottie and I are going to Florida in 5 weeks and I can hardly wait, I am so ready to get out of the cold.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...