Ever have one of those days when you're completely overwhelmed by love and gratitude for your children, like nothing could ever be better?
Today is not one of those days for me.
I take that back. There were 5 minutes when both boys fell asleep in my arms that felt better than a Kodak moment.
The other 535 minutes so far have involved two sick little boys and a mom that just wants to be left alone.
You see, Russel is fast becoming a drama king in general. So imagine a nearly two-year-old drama king who is sick, ever changing his mind, never knowing what he really wants, and not quite able to communicate what he thinks he wants.
Yeah, by the time I get something half right and somewhat appease him, then little Tucker is screaming his lungs out, "Mommy, I sick too. Hold me, hold me, HOLD ME!"
The second I pick him up, in Russel's eyes I've done nothing right all day. Or perhaps all my life.
Mom's are sooo dumb, ya know.
But don't get me wrong. I love my children very much.
Always have, always do, always will.
But right now...
I just wanna be left alone!
Seven Minutes
1 day ago
3 comments:
I always appreciate blogs that show the reality of motherhood--it's great overall, but yeah, there are days. I hear ya, and I'm feeling increasingly glad that I just have one sick little boy.
Hey-I love the new look of your blog! I've thought about you the past couple of days because we discovered we have a mouse in our van! Yikes. We only figured it out because we had one previously in the garage and then he seemed to have moved on. Well, he moved on to the 12 passenger van where he proceeded to chew through the nipples of 3 of Nora's bottles (not all at once, but over a few days.) That's what gave it away he was in the van, oh and the few mouse droppings I found as well. So last night I threw a mini fit and told Jeff I refuse to drive that van until he finds and kills the little creature. So we're all stuffing into the mini-van until the rodent is erradicated. I'm so grossed out though! I want to throw everything away in my van cuz what if those little rodent feet touched everything? SO I have to wash the car seat covers, Clorox the plastic parts of the car seats, not to mention what I'll have to do to the van once we get rid of the little sucker! Aah!!!
I have been there with two young sick boys very recently. It IS so awful, huh? I hope it passes quickly and that you get some alone time in the mean time.
You can survive this!
I love your new blog template.
Post a Comment