Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Motherhood Monologues

Ok, sorry about the 5 million posts in one day. This blog has become my scrapbook, my journal, my outlet, my therapy.

Anyway,
I decided to start a series on the blog called "The Motherhood Monologues".

Sometimes, some pretty funny stuff happens in my head. By the time Ben gets home, I'm worn out, a little panicky because I don't know what to do about dinner, and have totally forgotten my funny stories.

So Hun,
If you really want to know what a weirdo your wife is, just read on....


So today, I found Diego Dinosaur Adventure fruit snacks on sale at Target.

"Sweet, Diego AND Dinosaur's... someone's on my side"

Russel was excited and opened the box before we could buy them, but they were a little hard to chew, so he started throwing them on the floor.

That's how they ended up in my pocket. Then suddenly, in my mouth. I looked down to see what I was eating,

"Baby Jaguar? A Turtle?! Whaaaaaaat. I paid for dinosaurs. What a rip off. Oh well, they taste good..."

I continued my work emptying the dishwasher and eating fruit snacks... Am I a grown-up or a kid? I look down to see what non-dinosaur I'm eating now.

"Rescue Pack! I love rescue pack! Niiiiice.... Wow, did I really get that excited about a rescue pack fruit snack... what a loser!"

As I contemplated the ridiculousness of my excitement, I looked down again to see what I was eating,

"Yessss, another rescue pack, I love him".



6 comments:

Lisa said...

hahahaha, I love it. I totally know what you mean. And, Rescue Pack does rock.

Amy said...

I have a strange love/hate relationship with fruit snacks. I love them sooo much, but I feel strange for loving them so much.
And I feel bad when the kids ask "Hey, what happened to all the fruit snacks?"
Juice boxes get me too, and peanut butter sandwiches and those little individual bags of chips. Hmm, maybe I have issues relating to the fact that I always had to buy school lunch? Either way, these foods are probably also the reason why I have not gotten back into my skinny jeans yet. (Congratulations by the way!)

taryn said...

I am loving the motherhood monologues! Its fun to read what goes on the head of a mommy :) Your boys are adorable and I can't get enough of Russel's dancing!

ps I am feeling good! I was a little sick in the beginning but I never threw up, so i'm not complaining!

Lisa said...

LOL!!! Megs, you kill me! Chase & I LOVE Diego and he even has his own rescue pack with a baby Jaguar and an entire doctors kit to help baby Jaguar if he gets hurt! Its so funny how we appreciate the same stuff our kids do. I am the same way with Curious George, I even watch it without Chase sometimes.

Megan said...

zzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzqZzzzzz

Megan said...

kjhkvbj




kjbk





iy7tjygc

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...