Sunday, March 15, 2009

Heaven on Earth



I saw this picture today
Of us on our wedding day.
Walking among the gardens
Outside our sacred, holy temple where joy abounds.

In an instant, a flash before my eyes,
I see a vision of the future.
Beside us, in this solemn place,
Our children join us all around.

No longer are they small.
No longer are they shrouded in innocence.
They stand tall and noble.
Full of wisdom in the truth they have found.

We revel in the beauty.
We reminisce our past.
We look forward to the coming
Of our Savior, Jesus Christ at last.

Instead of people passing by,
Oblivious to the truth so near by,
They flood the gates,
They join us and may we cry,

"Our Redeemer lives, Oh happy day!
Now let us go to Him freely.
Feel the peace, sing with rejoicing,
Having lived our lives righteously!"

7 comments:

Nancy said...

This was beautiful. :)

Amy said...

Megan-What a gift you have! This was so beautiful. I love the wedding picture as well. What a beautiful day that was and it's still the most fun we've EVER had at a wedding reception.
You guys are the best and I love, love, love that I get a peek at your daily life thru your blog.
Thank you!!

Amanda said...

Wow, you have a talent!

Lara said...

So, I guess it's official. I'm the only one in the family that cannot write poetry! This is beautiful!!!

hilary w said...

What a great poem. You look so beautiful!

Scottie and Angie said...

You are so beautiful. I love finding pics and then reminicing over them!!! I thank you for posting this post...I was beautiful and I loved all the pics.
Miss you and think about you often
Angie

Scottie and Angie said...

I didn't realize you were a poet, that was so neat!!!! I am so glad you are able to share that gift
Angie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...